Saturday, January 10, 2015

Our Christmas Bookmark Project!

I know there are a few of you out there who are sad that Christmas is over, so Christmas lovers, this post is for you. 
Posting projects a month or two after they happen seems to be a West Coast Nanny trend, so I figured I'd embrace it. 
This year I decided I really wanted to find a simple gift that H, L, and I could give to our friends. Something that wasn't cookies, or candy canes, or Chocolate Santas. You get where I'm going with this, right? So after a little searching, we decided on bookmarks. 

Here we have all of the supplies. (All of which were found in my home office!)

And here is H and I using the paper cutter (with caution, of course.) She loved it! 

After all that cutting, H took a break to play with some snowflake punches. 

 H and L both enjoyed adding festive stickers to each bookmark.

Finally, we placed a label on every bookmark. (I made the labels at home on my computer, and then brought them over for us to all sign) 
 And here is our final result! 
H loved handing out bookmarks to each of her friends at Preschool the day before Winter Break. I was really happy she got to learn about the gift of giving! I was also able to save a few for my "mom friends" and L gave some to her friends as well. (And a special thank you to one of my mom friends for helping me tie all the ribbons at the last minute. You are awesome!)
Best Wishes! -Nanny B

No comments:

Post a Comment