Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Banner Project


Last Friday was one of those sick, rainy days. Usually on those days, we would throw together a couch-bed, pop some popcorn, cover the windows and play movie theater, however this time, the girls seemed to have more energy than usual. H asked if we could do a "fun, fun, fun, project." When I told her I had an idea, she jumped up and down and said "Thank you Brooke! You are the best Brooke ever!" So of course, I had to break out the washable paint set, and make a giant Christmas Banner.

First I taped together numerous pieces of colored paper. 



Then I set out some paint, stickers, and other art supplies.

I wasn't at all surprised by L pouring out her purple paint and spreading it all over her paper.


I was however, quite surprised by how amazing H did with her pages.


So at this point L had said "Nanny, leg?" However I didn't know what she said, so I did one of those casual "Ohh, okay..." responses that you do when you have no idea what a two year old is saying. So there she is, painting her leg, since I did after-all, give her permission.


Yes, L enjoyed painting, very much.


 And here is our Christmas Banner, halfway done.


And more of L, having lots of fun.



And our final result!


I have a couple more Christmas projects to post, so I figured I'd keep this short and sweet. Hope you enjoyed it!
-Nanny B

4 comments:

  1. This surprise was awesome!!!! I loved closing my eyes and being so happy to see such a memorable and well thought out project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks so awesome, so crafty!

    ReplyDelete